The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is funded by an operating grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive. Funding for the Maryland State Arts Council is also provided by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency, which believes that a great nation deserves great art.
The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is also funded in part by:
The Board of County Commissioners of Washington County, MD approve financial support of the MSO through Washington County Community Organization Funding for the Orchestra's Music Education Partnership with Washington County Public Schools, and through a grant from the Washington County Hotel Rental Tax Fund for the annual "Salute to Independence" held at Antietam National Battlefield each July.
The City of Hagerstown, Office of the Mayor and the Council, approve financial support of the MSO through a grant from the City's Agency Contribution program. This grant provides partial funding of the Orchestra's artistic programming, music education activities and general operating expenses.
Thank You to Our 2015/16 Concert Sponsors
- The Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Foundation, Inc.
- American Legion Auxiliary Clopper-Michael Post - Unit #10
- Antietam Cable Television, Inc.
- Associated Radiologists, P.A.
- Teresa & John Barr
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Ron Bowers & Angel Myers
- Charles Schwab Hagerstown Branch
- Delaplaine Foundation, Inc.
- Diagnostic Imaging Services, LLC
- Electromet Corporation
- FirstEnergy Foundation on behalf of Potomac Edison
- Brendan & Katie Fitzsimmons
- Friends of the Salute Members
- Hagerstown-Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc.
- The Hamilton Family Foundation, Inc.
- The Herald-Mail Company/Herald-Media
- Barbara & Tom Henderson
- Dr. & Mrs. Robert K. Hobbs
- Dr. & Mrs. Stephen Hood
- Edward H. Lough
- M&T Bank
- Marshfield Associates
- The Maryland Symphony Orchestra Waltersdorf-Henson Endowment Fund
- David McCain
- Martin Storage Co., Inc., an Allied Van Lines affiliate
- Medical Community of Washington County
- Mercedes Benz of Hagerstown
- Meritus Health, Inc.
- Middletown Valley Bank
- Northwestern Mutual
- Pat Paddack
- Paul Crampton Contractors, Inc.
- PNC Foundation
- Rider Jet Center
- Road Runner Services, LLC
- Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant
- Sons of the American Legion – Post #10
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott & Courtyard by Marriot (Hagerstown)
- Susquehanna Bank
- Dr. & Mrs. Hugh J. Talton
- WashingtonCountyGives.org 24-Day of Giving Contributors
- Washington County, MD
- The Marlene & Mike Young Family
- Youngblood Studios
- Younger Motorcars