The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is funded by an operating grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive. Funding for the Maryland State Arts Council is also provided by the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency, which believes that a great nation deserves great art.
The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is also funded in part by:
The Board of County Commissioners of Washington County, MD approve financial support of the MSO through Washington County Community Organization Funding for the Orchestra's Music Education Partnership with Washington County Public Schools, and through a grant from the Washington County Hotel Rental Tax Fund for the annual "Salute to Independence" held at Antietam National Battlefield each July.
The City of Hagerstown, Office of the Mayor and the Council, approve financial support of the MSO through a grant from the City's Agency Contribution program. This grant provides partial funding of the Orchestra's artistic programming, music education activities and general operating expenses.
Thank You to Our 2016/17 Concert Sponsors
- American Legion Clopper-Michael Post & Auxiliary - Unit #10
- Antietam Broadband, Inc.
- Antietam National Battlefield
- Associated Radiologists, P.A.
- Barbara & Tom Henderson
- Brendan & Katie Fitzsimmons
- Charles Schwab
- City of Hagerstown
- County Commissioners of Washington County, MD
- Delaplaine Foundation, Inc.
- Dr. & Mrs. Hugh J. Talton
- Dr. & Mrs. Robert K. Hobbs
- Dr. & Mrs. Stephen Hood
- Electromet Corporation
- Ellsworth Electric Inc.
- FirstEnergy Foundation on behalf of Potomac Edison
- Friends of the Salute Members
- Gaming Commission of Washington County
- Hagerstown-Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc.
- Jim & Georgia Pierne
- Leitersburg Cinemas
- M&T Bank Foundation
- Marshfield Associates
- Martin Storage Co. Inc.
- Mary K. Bowman Fine Arts Fund
- Maryland State Arts Council
- Members of the Medical Community of Washington County
- Mercedes Benz of Hagerstown
- Meritus Health, Inc.
- Middletown Valley Bank
- Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Henderson
- Northwestern Mutual- Mr. Edward Lough
- Pat Paddack
- Patty Enders
- Paul Crampton Contractors, Inc.
- PNC Foundation
- RBC Wealth Management
- Road Runner Services, LLC
- Schmankerl Stube Bavarian Restaurant
- Sons of the American Legion – Post #10
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott & Courtyard by Marriot (Hagerstown)
- The Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Foundation, Inc.
- The Hamilton Family Foundation, Inc.
- The Herald-Mail Company/Herald-Media
- The Marlene & Mike Young Family
- The Maryland Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors
- The Maryland Symphony Orchestra Waltersdorf-Henson Endowment Fund
- Washington County Arts Council
- WashingtonCountyGives.org 24-Day of Giving Contributors
- Younger Motorcars