The Maryland Symphony Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer. All eligible candidates will be considered without regard to race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Operations Manager and Education Coordinator
Job Description (PDF)
Duties and Responsibilities: The Operations Manager and Education Coordinator will be responsible for all details related to the MSO’s performances and educational programs to ensure that productions are run smoothly and in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Develop the annual master plan for orchestra operations including rehearsal and performance schedules, hall rentals, musician contracts, guest artist travel and itineraries, production budgets and vendor contracts.
- Attend all rehearsals and performances to coordinate production logistics and respond to orchestra personnel concerns while ensuring that the MSO is in compliance with orchestra policies and guest artist contracts.
- Work with the Production Manager and Maryland Theatre technical to oversee logistics of venues, instruments and equipment for rehearsals and performances.
- Work closely with the Music Director, Personnel Manager, Production Manager and Librarian to ensure that the musician’s working conditions create an environment conducive to artistic excellence.
- Plan and coordinate all Educational activities.
- Work with the Education Committee of the Board of Directors, to set appropriate goals, hire necessary musicians and oversee all aspects of educational programming.
Requirements: Prefer a candidate with degree in Music or Arts Administration and thorough knowledge of orchestral music. Proven ability to develop and monitor production budgets. Strong organizational skills, time management skills, problem solving skills and an intense attention to detail. Successful candidates will posses excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as a willingness to be a team player in a highly collaborative environment. Nights and weekend work are required with the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Compensation/Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The MSO offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance, voluntary 403(b), vacation, 10 holidays and paid parking.
Please submit a cover letter that describes your interest, a resume, and the names of three professional references by email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Maryland Symphony Orchestra
30 W. Washington Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Applications are due by Friday, August 4, 2017.
About the Maryland Symphony Orchestra
Under the leadership of Music Director Elizabeth Schulze, the Maryland Symphony Orchestra, currently in its 34th season, is a non-profit professional orchestra serving the quad-state region. The orchestra performs five pairs of subscription concerts; a pair of holiday concerts and a pair of Pops concerts; youth concerts; and a free outdoor Independence Day concert at nearby Antietam National Battlefield. The orchestra also presents a wide range of educational programs in partnership with the Washington County Public Schools.