Policies & Information
Locations & Hours
MSO ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
21 South Potomac Street, 2nd Floor
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Normal Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM
July 4 - Labor Day: Tuesday-Friday, 9AM-5PM
MSO AT THE MARYLAND THEATRE BOX OFFICE
21 South Potomac Street, Lobby
Hagerstown, MD 21740
MSO Staff are available for in-person transactions only
beginning one hour prior to each concert.
Due to fire code regulations, all patrons, including infants, are required to have a valid ticket when entering The Maryland Theatre. All tickets, including e-Tickets will be validated using the barcode appearing on the ticket. If the barcode on your ticket becomes damaged, please contact the box office for replacement tickets, if necessary.
All Maryland Orchestra tickets are subject to a $5 per ticket fee. These fees will be disclosed to you over the phone or, if applicable, automatically added to your online shopping cart during checkout. Per ticket fees are charged for both phone and online orders.
For subscribers, per ticket fees are waived during the initial order for season ticket subscriptions. Instead, a flat $15 processing fee is assessed on this initial order. Subscribers who add-on tickets at a later date will still receive their subscriber discount on the base price of the ticket, but will be subject to the standard $5 per ticket fee.
Regardless of age, each person must have a ticket and be able to sit attentively in a seat throughout the performance due to local fire ordinances. Classical concerts are not recommended for children under the age of five years.
All MSO subscription and single ticket sales are final and non-refundable, unless a concert is cancelled. In addition, all processing fees are non-refundable; this includes cancelled concerts.
Please contact the MSO box office at 301.797.4000 x102 no later than the Thursday prior to the concert you are no longer able to attend. No exchanges will be honored on the day of a performance.
- Subscribers may exchange tickets for another MSO concert at no cost. Exchanges must be for tickets of equal or lesser value. There is no refund for difference in value if the exchanged ticket is of lesser value that the original ticket.
- Single Ticket Holders may only exchange tickets for another performance of the same concert (switch from Saturday to Sunday, for example) for a fee of $5 per ticket. Exchanges to a different concert are not permitted. Exchanges must be for tickets of equal or lesser value. There is no refund for difference in value if the exchanged ticket is of lesser value that the original ticket.
Should and MSO concert be canceled due to inclement weather or other circumstances, the cancellation will be announced no later than three hours prior to the scheduled start time of the performance. Cancellation information will be available on the MSO web site, on local television and radio stations, and via the MSO Box Office at 301-797-4000.
The refund/exchange policy for a cancelled concert is as follows:
- All exchanges, refunds or tax-deductible requests must be made within 30 days of the cancelled concert.
- All ticket holders may exchange their tickets for the same performance instance at no cost. Exchanges must be for tickets of equal or lesser value and occur in the same season. There is no refund for difference in value if the exchanged ticket is of lesser value that the original ticket. Same seat availability is not guaranteed for exchanges.
- Tickets may be returned to the MSO Box Office for a tax-deductible contribution receipt. The value of the tickets returned will equal the donation amount.
- Ticket holders may request a refund of the ticket value. Processing fees are not refundable. All refunds will be issued by check and will be processed within 30 days of the request for refund.
Ticket Tax Credits
The submission of unused tickets in exchange for a tax deduction is a benefit reserved only for MSO subscribers. Please contact the MSO box office at 301.797.4000 x102 no later than the Thursday prior to the concert you are no longer able to attend. Donation submissions will NOT be accepted post-curtain.