Because music makes an incredible difference in the lives of children.
Many students in Washington County would like to be a part of an instrumental music program, and would benefit from this kind of creative outlet, but cannot due to financial restrictions. The MSO/Washington County Board of Education Instrument Bank collects donated instruments from the community that these students can use in local schools.
What to Donate
- Woodwind – Flute, clarinet, saxophone
- Brass – Trumpet, trombone, French horn, euphonium, tuba
- String – Violin, viola, cello, bass
- Instruments such as keyboard and guitar, for use in general music classrooms
Where to Donate
Instruments can be dropped off at:
- any MSO concert
- the MSO office at 30 West Washington Street in Hagerstown, Maryland
- the Washington County Board of Education at 10435 Downsville Pike in Hagerstown
- the main office of any local school
A quick assessment of the instrument will be made, any repairs completed, and the instrument given to a student in need. The donor will receive a donation letter for tax purposes.